In the manual I share all the tools I used to create professional quality recordings. Here they are, and for more details, please subscribe and download the manual and free recordings.
If you want to introduce music, sound effects, other inducing audio, you can consider the following:
- Audacity: A free open source software for recording and editing sounds (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/)
- LAME: To generate MP3 files within Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq_i18n?s=install&i=lame-mp3)
- Binural beats: These are special frequencies that can be used for inducing a deeper hypnotic state. You can add them as background sound for your recordings if you are using audacity. Simply generate an output file for a self hypnosis or hypnosis or deep relaxation and import it into audacity. Software programs to create binaural beats:
- Ginural: This is free, and can be downloaded at: http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/download/ and hypnotic presets can be found at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnaural/files/Presets/Mindstates/ (download HypnagogicGale.gnaural) Load the preset, and save the audio to a file, don’t worry about the warning, you can stop at 5 minutes and you can load that file into audacity. [Be patient with the site, if it gives you an “oops”, just try again later]
- Bwgen: This is commercial and very easy to use: http://www.bwgen.com/
- Use paid royalty free music as a background: Here are my favourite sites and the music is very suitable:
Your main tool will be audacity, through it, you can add all the rest in the background, add echo, remove any noise, and generate really appealing self-hypnosis recordings that your friends will want to use.
This is how a finished recording looks like before I export it (notice the volume adjustments on the music and binural beats track):